Tuesday, November 11, 2008

THE WALKING BOOT IS HISTORY . . . .

Hopefully, the ugly, clunky walking boot will never be on my foot again. Per my doctor, the bones and muscles in the lower leg and foot are deteriorating rapidly from lack of use. He told me to 'transition' (love that word) into a good shoe with plenty of support as soon as I could. With that in mind, I went home, took off the walking boot, put on my most comfortable tenny type shoe (old aerobics high tops) and haven’t looked back. I did some walking over the weekend and it wasn’t very comfortable but the sight of my x-rays with a lot of bone loss is burned in my mind. That thought helps me get thru the pains of walking. In 10 days, we leave for our annual trek to Mazatlan , and I plan on walking on the sandy beaches!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Heck YES, you need to squish your toes in the sand and maybe the Mayan Gods will shine upon your poor foot!! Cant wait to see the pics of Mazatlan. So glad your foot is getting better and crutches arent the funnest but you are tough and soon you will be back to those strappy sandals of yours!!
Thanks for the encouragement and for thinking of me,you are so sweet and thoughful I really do appreciate it :-)