Friday, October 17, 2008

Friend's empathy . . . .

I received an email replyto my blog from Rebecca Paul-Fields (Becky), a friend of mine from many years ago. We were close friends in my Woming era and shared many wild times back then. Anyway, I wanted to share Becky's experience:



"Last April I had surgery on my big toe (they fused the joint & put a screw in) and I was on a little scooter for 5 weeks. I know what you mean about putting your foot down for the first time.....wow does that hurt. When I came home still groggy from surgery that day on my crutches (which I had not practiced on) I had to go to the bathroom. Somehow, the crutches went out from under me and I fell hitting my head on the toilet bowl, bouncing off of it and hitting the wall with my head. I didn't hurt my foot, but I did get a headache."



I had a similar experience before I got a scooter but when I fell I only hit the floor with my butt, and since there's plenty of padding on my butt, nothing got hurt. I had to laugh thinking of Becky falling and hitting her head on the toilet, as there were nights she would do that type of thing when we were doing the bar scene in WY . . . but the reason wasn't cuz of crutches . . . .

2 comments:

Koren said...

Oh Monica I am sorry for your friend for falling!! But I do have to say she is pretty funny with her saying her foot didn't hurt! LOL. I hope you are doing better as well!! Will come visit soon :D

Anonymous said...

Hey, Monica.Gosh, does everyone I used to party with in WY have a memory of me falling??Those were the days, huh!!Well, I was cuter then.